Saturday, September 24, 2011

Frauline Maria I ain't

Is it the fact that I live in a bungalow that the rain is really, really loud or is rain, like everything else in Australia, bigger, scarier and more dangerous here? Anyway, as the lightning peaks through my curtains and the thunder roaring so loud that I swear I just felt the bed shake (and no, not for the reasons those of you with a dirty mind are thinking of) I am starting to doubt my abilities as an au pair. I feel lightyears away from Maria Von Trap from the Sound Of Music, singing about ones Favourite Things' to the little darlings as the crawl into my bed on such a perilous evening. Rather, I am wishing I wasn't home alone, and cursing myself for being such a big baby. If I can't cope with a bloody thunderstorm, how am I supposed to look after three children?! For now, I shall hum to myself whilst thinking of spaghetti bolognaise, Pinot Grigio and Justin Timberlake. Ooh I feel better already...

No comments:

Post a Comment