Wednesday, January 18, 2012

There's a poo in the pool! And other stories

If you had asked me 12 months ago what I would be doing a year from now, looking after 3 (and a half) little monkeys is the last thing I would have said. However, here I am and somehow I seem to have found something that I might even want to make a career out of!

The most amazing thing about children is how the things that seem everyday or that we take for granted are so exciting and outstanding to them. They make you think about something in a totally new way, challenging your perspetvie on things. Kids laughter really is the best medicine, and they find hilarity out of the most mundane things. Jack is currently obsessed with me flicking myself on the cheek and pretending it really hurts. It's the small things!

We are currently in the process of potty training Charlotte, and she is SO proud of herself when she does wees in the potty that she wants to show everybody (and promptly spills it everywhere!) and even did a number 2 the big toilet which was the proudest moment in her 2 1/2 years. I say 'in' the toilet but I actually mean all over the toilet seat. I was horrified, and immediately called for Lori's assistance, neglecting to recognise that it is a big deal for her to be doing that without any assistance! However, her being a potty training superstar does mean that you have to remind her every 5 minutes to wee in the potty, not her underpants. It's exhausting and makes trips to the park so much more stressful because I'm so scared she's going to do a number 2 whilst hurtling down the slide. Nightmare! Oh, and yes she did do a poo in the pool. Fortunately she was wearing a water nappy, and the other two didn't seem phased by the fact that they were swimming in their sister's fecies. Oh to be young and care free. However, now I have dealt with poo in the pool, I feel I can deal with anything!

So here we are, me spending my precious hours off reading baby manuals and subscribing to parenting websites, whilst Googling activites such as how to make beads out of play dough. Im learning to channel my energies into creativity with the kids, with many successes (building forts being a personal faveroute) and unfortuantly, many failures (stress balls made with play dough and balloons, the most horriffic mess, just no)

Now the kids are off to the dentist, I am off to catch up on Gossip Girl and revel in the peacefulness of an empty house... xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment